2018 Community Paramedic Academy in Pittsburgh.
September 17th-21st. 8 am-4:30 pm.
1002 Church Hill Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Click here to register! Limited Seating Available.
- Introduction to Community Paramedicine
- Understanding the Social Determinants of Health
- Chronic Disease Self Management Practices
- Understanding Mental Health
- Chronic Pain and Substance Use Disorder
- ACES and Trauma Informed Care
- Cultural Competency
- Family Systems Theory
- Motivational Interviewing
- Crisis Management and Verbal De-escalation Techniques
- Harm Reduction
- The Community Paramedic Care Plan
- Compassion Fatigue
- Planning and Finance for CP Operations
The program will be held at the office of the Emergency Medical Services Institute (EMSI) located at 1002 Church Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15205.
Select Nearby Hotels
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, 5100 Campbells Run Road (412-788-4404) approximately 1 mile from EMSI — http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pitsr-courtyard-pittsburgh-airport-settlers-ridge/
Holiday Inn Express, 5311 Campbells Run Road (412-788-8400) approximately 2 miles EMSI — https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/pittsburgh/pitex/hoteldetail
Spring Hill Suites Pittsburgh Airport, 239 Summit Park Drive (412-494-9446) approximately 3 miles from EMSI — http://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/pitsh-springhill-suites-pittsburgh-airport/
Fairfield Inn & Suites, 1004 Suterland Drive (412-859-9070) approximately 3 miles from EMSI — http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pitwf-fairfield-inn-and-suites-pittsburgh-airport-robinson-township/